Qatar is a small peaceful state located in the Arabian Gulf.
Below are 10 facts which will tickle your curiosity and make you want learn more about Qatar and eventually visit this beautiful country.
1. Qatar is the richest country in the world, having the third largest reserves in the world of LNG (liquified natural gas) and oil.
2. It is the second closest to the sea country in the world, with average elevation of just 28 meters.
3. It is one of the four countries in the world with no forest.
4. There are 180 nationalities living in Qatar.
5. Qatar has recently invested over 30 billion USD in its infrastructure. The two major property projects include The Msheireb development and the Lusail City project, while the two major transport projects are Ashghal’s Express way and the New Port Project.
6. Qatar’s Hamad International Airport, built in 2014, is the ninth biggest in the world and has the capacity to handle around 50 million passengers per year.
7. Qatar Airways has already four times won the title of the best carrier in the world at the annual World Airlines Award (in 2011, 2012, 2015 and 2017).
8. The next 2022 FIFA World Cup will be hosted by Qatar.
9. The most famous tourist attractions in Qatar are Alladin’s Kingdom (The Entertainment City), Msheireb Enrichment Center (a floating museum), Doha Corniche Park, Souq Waqif (a big traditional market), Al Thakira Nature Reserve (where many unusual fish and sea slugs live), Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani Museum (the largest private museum of its type), Al Jassasiya hills (where pre-historic carvings can be seen).
10. Doha, the capital of Qatar is where the most of Qatari population lives. It is a home to many skyscrapers. Qatar’s tallest building is The Aspire Tower located in Doha and it has an observation desk on the 62nd floor.